How to make a complaint

Any person can make a complaint to the Council. Complaints must be in writing, clearly setting out the details of any concerns including the doctor's name and address. Address complaints to:

The Executive Officer
The Medical Council of New South Wales
PO Box 104

Complaints can also be made via the Council's Online Complaint Form.

The doctor will be advised of the complaint and complaint details including the identity of the complainant. In most circumstances the doctor will be provided with a copy of the complaint. Any person with concerns about a doctor being notified of their complaint should contact the Medical Council of NSW.